A day in the life of a child in an in formal settlement

My name is Annie, I am 11 years old and I live in an informal settlement. My family is very poor. Today I had to walk to school a very long distance. I was walking and then I saw a bird eating plastic. I think my life would be better if I have shoes so that when I walk to school my feet don't hurt and and I don't get cut from all the rubbish lying around. I would also like to have electricity so that I  don't study and do homework under a lamppost . I would really like to have running water in our house so that I don't have to wake up at 4:00 in the morning to queue at the tap. I wish that my parents Have a car so that I don't have to walk everywhere.

I wish that I could have a toilet in my house so that I don't have to sit on a toilet without a door with people walking around. I don't like that our houses are all squashed together and that we have no privacy. I want to come home to a table full of delicious food, but instead I come home to a very little bit of food and water. Our house is so small and I have to sleep on the floor. When I came home from school I was starving but my mom said that we don't have food and I went to bed hungry. 

I really don't like that we don't have locks on our doors. On my first day of school there was no desks or chairs so we had to work on the floor. I was walking to school and I tripped and fell and cut my knee, we went to the doctor but the queue was extremely long. Most of my friends parents have died and they have to go live with other people. I really wish I could live a better life! 


Comments

  1. I could literally feel the emotion of how you were feeling through your writing Claire. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Singing Inspector

The Grade 4 camp